Following on from the second Cotic AQR Holidays and Coaching Race Team 2014 post, here is all you need to know about the second trio of endurance riders.
Time on AQR team: since 2007
Discipline: anything goes but mainly pairs/team events!
Weapon of choice: Cotic Solaris
My relationship with AQR began back in 2007 (wow, 7 years ago already!) when I first met Kate and Ian on a holiday with AQR in Luchon. After a fantastic week during including a steep learning curve on ever steeper and tighter switchbacks, Ian I got chatting about the race team that he & Kate were plotting.
The rest is history, as they say... the team was formed, races entered, Cotics raced, lots of podiums achieved and a fantastic group of riders (and some outstanding team support crew too) brought together. A few faces have changed but the core remain.
|James showing off his skills|
Follow me on Twitter: @JamesDymond
Time on AQR team: Since 2008
Discipline: 12/24hr team/XC/stage racing and duathlon
Weapon of choice: Cotic Soda
I’ve been racing, training and playing in the mountains with AQR for several years now. In that time, I’ve toyed with a few different ‘disciplines’, with varying degrees of success…
- 12 and 24 hour MTB events – my introduction to racing – I’ve enjoyed racing in teams and pairs, but the nearest you’ll get me to the crazy world of the soloist is pit crew duties!
- MTB XC – including a few battles with my team-mate Miss Bradley at national races, and a fun road-trip to race in Belgium.
- Stage racing – from 3-day MTB races in sunny(?) Wales, to the dizzy heights of the Tourmalet on my road bike during the week-long Haute Route Pyrenees.
- Off-road duathlon – after an unexpected win at my first duathlon on home turf, I decided to give this a whirl. There are more and more races coming onto the calendar, as the sport attracts runners, bikers, triathletes and duathlon ‘purists’. Maybe I’ve found my niche!
|Kirsty takes a well earned 5th at her 1st World's|
Follow me on Twitter: @KirstyMTB
Time on AQR team: Since 2008
Discipline: MTB Endurance/Team racing, Road Sportives/Endurance Events
Weapon of choice: Cotic Soul
Having gained a reputation for wrecking wheels I was very fortunate to be allowed to ride for AQR! Time and training has resulted in me spending a lot less money on wheel repairs and now being a core member of the team. I’m happy to mix it up across road and MTB, as long as there’s a hill involved, and I have even been known to dabble in the odd duathlon.
Recent key achievements for me are:
• 1st Bristol Bike Fest 2013, 6 hr pairs
• 4th:Torq 12 2013, 12 hr mixed team
• 5th Oktoberfest 2013, 4 hour male solo
• 7th Abbeyfields- Duathalon 2014
|Matt during the TransPyr 2012......with Ant not far behind|
Overall, the best way to sum me up would be: Willing to give anything a try….once!
Keep your eyes peeled on the blog for the next instalment introducing the XC riders; coming soon!